Monday, November 17, 2014

We are On The Move

Wanderlust has struck again and we are about to be on the move. 

We depart on a journey tomorrow, November 18, 2014 to the 49th state of the US-Hawaii- and on to the South Pacific. We’ll be aboard Regent’s Mariner in Stateroom 925 for 18 nights. We  spend tomorrow night in Los Angeles at the Intercontinental Hotel as a free pre-cruise benefit before going aboard the Mariner on Wednesday, November 19. At the conclusion of the cruise we will spend one night in Papette, Tahiti as a free post cruise benefit then flying back to the states the next morning. We will go from LAX to Oakland and visit a couple nights with our cousins who live in Berkeley and fly home on December 11. 
Lots of glorious days at sea and lots of beautiful scenery in port!

The Packing List

To Actually my doctor finally told me on Friday to take the medicine, go home and “eat, sleep and pray.” Sounded terribly like the title of that popular book….and that is exactly what I did. So grateful to Jim for his care and for the concern and prayers of family and friends!!!
day is the packing, get money, tend to last minute details day. I have been battling a really bad cold that has involved two trips to the doctor and many drugs. Jim has been a champion nurse in taking care of me plus doing all the household chores that needed to be done. I have basically just rested and am now feeling ready to go.

We fly tomorrow morning at 7:50AM from Tampa to Los Angeles. This is the only direct flight and we thought it wise to use this flight and not risk getting stranded by bad weather someone across the country. Given how the weather seems to be shaping up across the country I think it was a wise choice.  Leisure Limo is picking us up at 5:45 and if all goes well we’ll be in the air and fast asleep by 8:00.

The packing has begun in earnest. Naturally I made a packing list so I wouldn’t take more than I needed to take; however my suitcase looks very much like “2 pounds – or 50- in a 1 pound sack.” Jim will be much wise than I in the amount of clothing he takes. See, my suitcase is filled to overflowing and his is almost empty, but actually he hasn’t started packing yet because he is in the assembling stage.

As usual Leigh Berghane has been fantastic tending to all the details including cruise, air, ground transportation and hotels. Couldn’t have done it all without her help.  Thanks Leigh!!!


I got a facial and now my bag is packed and closed for the journey. So I’ll write from LA when we arrive tomorrow. Our weather has just gotten really rainy so it is clearly time for a journey toward the warm waters and bright sunshine of the Pacific. 

Read along and travel with us. Let me know if there are things we need to see and do in Hawaii and French Polynesia. Both are new for us so we look forward to discoveries and learnings.

Bon Voyage to us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home