Friday, December 18, 2015

The Bags are Packed

The bags are packed!
For the first time ever in our traveling lives Jim completed his packing before me. I think- since it is a gray and chilly (by Florida standards at 65 degrees) we are ready to travel south for some sunshine and warmth. I can hear those of you from other parts of the country saying we are really wimps AND no doubt we have lived here so long that we are!!!!

The headboard of our bed is a travel memory in itself. We bought it years ago on the island of Roatan as a screen to put in front of the fireplace at our old home. When we were making this move to Villas at Water's Edge we didn't want to leave it behind and Jim had the idea of creating a headboard. We found a carpenter who was able to create this masterpiece.

Tomorrow morning we'll load up our van and drive to Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. We travel across Alligator Alley and drive straight into that welcoming, small port. Hopefully by 1:00 PM we will be aboard the Prinsendam and settling into our home away from home.

Cooking in Greece with Bos and Kathy Irvine
Meanwhile as I packed today I found a couple things in my suitcase from our last two journeys. Found recipes from a cooking class in Greece and a ticket stub from a visit to a touristy place in Israel and was reminded of that fun and interesting trip.

Getting around Masada on a scooter
Found a brochure from a tram ride in a former sugar cane plantation in Hawaii.

What fun both trips were. 

What marvelous memories. The "Far Away Places" song says...."they call me a dreamer and maybe I am, but I wanted to see for myself- those far away places with the strange sounding names. Indeed they continue to call and call me to come and see, learn and experience the wonders of this marvelous world. 

How lucky can one person be!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home