Friday, December 28, 2018

December 27- A ROUGH Day at Sea

The night was worse than the evening before. All night we rocked and rolled, pitched and shuddered as we headed away from Cuba and on toward Freeport, Bahamas. All night long the curtain slid back and forth, the drawers opened and banged closed and stuff fell to the floor. We decided to call and have breakfast delivered rather than risk going down to deck one or down to the floor with a fall.

Lunch we did the same thing. Was a day to read and visit. There were lots of activities aboard but neither Jim nor I wanted to risk getting out. Talked with our crowd and all of us had made basically the same decision.

Will came down to visit about 5:00. He told us the elevator had been taken out of service since the seas were so rough. So I decided to just get dinner delivered. I have never remained in the cabin for a whole day before but this was just too much for me.

Jim did venture down. Kathryn, Will, Christopher, Christopher's friend Caroline and her uncle joined Jim and they dined together amid the rolling and tossing. The walk back up was something I just didn't want to attempt. Jim selected from the dinner menu for me and Gerald saw that food and a bottle of wine got delivered to me. The poor delivery folks were having to walk the 5 decks carrying trays.....and then return to pick stuff up. Will came back and visited until about 10:00 and then I think all our little grouped headed off to bed.

The cruise folks have been willing to do whatever you ask but they have not been too hot with giving out information about what might be ahead. They have made the safety announcement about every hour on the hour.

Really strange day at sea- way too much SEA for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home